Wednesday, June 8, 2011

June 3rd

Since it was nice out in the morning, I decided to take a boat tour of the lake. Lake Como is truly gorgeous. Lush green mountains dotted with little towns. At one point the boat stopped at this gorgeous little island and I saw fish swimming in the water. There arent any beaches, its just mountains rising directly from the water which is really lovely.

I didnt know if I was supposed to get off the boat or if it would circle round back to Como. I saw two girls from my hostel, so I asked them. This was how I met Erin and Kelsey, the west coast version of my best friend Sarah and I. It had taken two hours to reach this point, and I didnt fancy another two hours at least to get back, so I got off at Bellagio with Kelsey and Erin.

They invited me to have lunch with them, and then we walked around the town and did some shopping. We took the bus back to Como which went along one of those windy narrow mountain roads that has a steep cliff on one side. And it was supposedly a two lane road but there were a lot of narrow squeezes and I feared for my life.

When we got back to Como we went to a silk museum, which was really cool! They had all these old machines used for silk thread and fabric production. And they had huge spools of silk thread in the gift shop for only two euros.

As an early birthday present, Erin bought me dinner and Kelsey made a donation to the Paris Pastry Fund. We had only known each other for a few hours but at this point we were all eating off each others plates and fooling around like we had known each other for years. When we got back to the hostel I pulled out my regency dress and sewed some sequins and we had a nice long conversation about all sorts of stuff. Ive met a lot of people on this trip, but these are definitely two friends I will actually keep in touch with.

No comments:

Post a Comment