Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 1st

After much fuss and bother I finally made it to London yesterday. Those British border control people are NOT messing around. The only way they'd let me into the country was if I showed the actually plane I'm flying home on.

This morning I switched hostels and paid a ridiculous amount of money to send a box of souvenirs home. Then I went over to Courtauld to talk about the PhD program. It all sounds very exciting, I think I'd enjoy doing my research there. After my interview I went to Chinatown to get some food, where I met a hilarious Chinese man who said he'd been eating at this "greasy spoon" since before I was born and wanted to know why I was there alone because a pretty girl like me needed to have a boyfriend that would pay for everything. I love my new friend, he was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment