Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 4th

Happy 4th of July! This is my first one out of the country and I was sad that I wasn't going to have a proper 4th of July, but then I met up with some fellow tar heels and had a great time. I got in touch with fellow drama major Brooke, who also got the Phillips, and she brought along her friend Allison who in turn brought along her friend Elizabeth. We went to an American BBQ restaurant. YALL. They had NC BBQ and corn bread!!!! Allison wore a shirt that said "Beat England" and a light up American flag necklace. We couldn't get it to light up at first though which made us very distraught. White girl problems.

Before that I had a meeting with the curator at the Museum of London. It went so amazing. First she showed me their awesome pleasure gardens display and told me all about it, then we went back to the storage space and had a nice long conversation. And that's just what it was. Not an interview, but a conversation. We traded ideas and info and talked shop and she gave me advice for the future and it was just marvelous.

After our talk I went to take a look around the museum which was really cool. It's all about the history of London, from prehistory to today. My favorite parts were definitely the 18th century pleasure garden and this whole Victorian shopping street you could walk around. Not surprising coming from Miss History By Immersion. The Victorian street would be such a great place for an exhibit!

No comments:

Post a Comment