Tuesday, July 26, 2011

July 7th

Happy Harry Potter day!! I feel so lucky to have been able to go to the premier of the last movie in London. After all, I'm part of the generation that grew up with Harry. He was 11 when I was 11, when the last book came out I had just turned 18. I remember when the very first book came out, I remember waiting for each subsequent book. I remember when the first movie came out. I'm not a huge crazy Harry Potter fan or anything, but it was always fun to get into the celebrating every time a book came out. I even went to the midnight premier of the first part of the seventh movie. Now that the last movie is out, I think my childhood is officially over.

Anyways, the premier was fun. I didn't camp out to get a good spot or anything like some people, so I was in the very back, but it was fun to get to be with everyone. The premier was in Trafalgar Square, and they had a giant fence set up so unless you had camped out you didn't get to see any actual people, but they did have a big screen set up where they were projecting footage of everything. It was really fun, we would all watch a car pull up, some one would get out, there'd be craning of necks to figure out who it was, and then when the actor was revealed everyone would start cheering.

After the red carpet everyone migrated to Leicester Square where the actual screening was to see the stars again. Meanwhile I went to the Sherlock Holmes Restaurant for dinner which was so cool. All the dishes were named after characters and stories! I had the Retired Colourmans aka fish and chips.

No comments:

Post a Comment